Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Water Heater

ROANIN wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
ROANIN wrote:
How are newer electric water heaters more efficient than old ones if
they are in a heated living space.

By isolation to keep the heat in, and by decreasing the amount of
mass inside the isolation area.
Also stopping in time when the temperature is where you want it.
And then beep for attention.

So if I have an electric heater that is an old Westinghouse that I figure
was made in 1954 or so, would I save money with a new model? I figure that
any heat lost out of the water heater would be offset the heat required by
my furnace.

In my country electricity is 2-3 times as expensive as natural gas,
So (almost) all people have natural gas heating.
Loosing heat from electricity is not compensated on de heating of
our house.
If you heat with electrcity, then yes, there is no net loss.