Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

I respect your courteous request David, as they're generally accompanied by
numerous names and ****y remarks. Or they just filter me, but that's their
privilege.

Bottom posting isn't sensible, or I would have been doing it for the last
12-14 years.
So you see, this is my conventional method.

I've always top-posted for the obvious reason.. convenience for others.
Before scroll mice, it was even slower to get to the bottom of a post to see
a reply.

If you look at a typical thread that's been receiving replies for a couple
of days, there is a lot of previously read junk to scroll down thru to get
to a reply that may be a couple of words. It simply amounts to a lot of
wasted time.

So your position is that everyone should waste that time, because of some
outdated method based on the early BBS networks, correct?

When early online communication began, there were a lot of really slow
connections in the networks, and top posting could've been annoying, when
seeing a post start with a reply at the top because the original post hadn't
made it's way to all points in the network.
Those days are essentially gone forever. If anyone still isn't getting
quality feeds for newsgroups, they should find another service. This APN is
only $3/mo.

After all.. I was replying to you, and you probably knew exactly what the
reply was in regard to, yes?

Years ago, with much less stable feeds, I often encountered dropped
messages, but even then, reading a couple of other replies would reveal the
details of the original post.

Many posters quote everything sent previously by others. After several days,
there is a huge mess to go past, to see a reply.
Trimming previous replies from earlier posts is apparently too much work for
them, and finding the reply comments is often tedious.

As you can see, I've trimmed the previous post, since I'm addressing a
different topic, but there was no need to scroll down past it.

--
Cheers,
WB

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 12/2/2010 1:53 PM Wild_Bill spake thus:

I'm another user that knows he can easily live without all of the latest
crap that's pumped out every day.

Thanks for that.

Now that I've got you on the line, can I make a request of you? Could you
please not top-post? If you look, you'll see that, like, 99.9% of posters
here bottom post.

Now, I know you're a wild guy and all and don't want to be tied down by
boring convention, but this is one that actually makes sense.

Anyhow, just a request.