Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The best invention ever.....

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:18:40 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:09:27 -0800, Jim Chandler
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:21:04 -0500, Randy wrote:

I have got to get me one of these. Watch the video, the guy has a
good sense of humor too.

Ebay item 310206425972

or

www.mixkwik.com

I'm tired of cans that clog up and stop spraying. Think this will fix
them. Just wish I thought of it.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

I was a judge at this years "National Hardware Show" in Las Vegas and
judged this tool. None of the judges, including me, thought much of
it. By the time you get the thing out and attach it to your recip
saw, unless you have one to dedicate to this job, then attach the can
to the tool, you could have just shaken the thing up yourself.

I'm gonna make one for myself.

Your time budget is incomplete. It works more like this:

Grab old rattlecan, shake like hell for a minute and a half.
Start spraying. It sprays great for 2 seconds and clogs.
Pull nozzle, soak in lacquer thinner, blow out with compressed air,
remount. Shake can another minute and a half.

Commence spraying. It sprays for two seconds and clogs.

Neighbor's sweet little boy of 3 years asks mommy, "what does
'rat****er*******sonofabitchstink****scurveyworth lesspieceof****'
mean, mommy?" Mommy says, "Don sometimes talks in a foreign language
we don't speak, dear. Eat your peas."

Soak nozzle in lacquer thinner, blow out with compressed air. Attach
the shop-made "recharger nozzle" to a propane bottle, shoot some
liquid propane into the can to raise the pressure and blow the gorp
out of the tube inside.

Remount nozzle, resume spraying.

It sprays for 3 seconds and clogs.

Toss rattlecan in the garbage can on way out the door to nearest hdwe
to get a new can. They don't have the stuff I need. Go to Depot.
They do have it. Return home half an hour later. Time for supper.
Screwit, I'll resume the job next day.

I'm not making this up. This is a fairly accurate account of my
adventures repairing my snowblower a couple of weeks ago -- and I had
the same experience next day with topcoat color -- the paint on day 1
was primer.

That's why I love my little touchup gun. Buy a pint of paint, Or a
half pint) thin to spraying consistency (or heat it to thin it) and
spray it on. About 1/5 to 1/10 the cost of spray bombs, and it's still
useable 2 years down the road when you need it again. Worst case
scenario you need to stop and clean out the gun. (don't forget to
filter the paint into the gun)

If you want a thin hard high gloss finish thin the oil-based/enamel
paint with 100 LL AvGas. The lead has a hardening effect on the paint.
(You need good ventilation though, and it SMELLS.) This is a
tricklot's of guys use to paint air-cooled engine cyls (Corvair, VW,
Motorcycle, aircraft etc)