Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Homophobia USA

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:23:50 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

We have had for many years, indefinite detention (not military) of
people for decades. All in immigration laws (Mariel Cubans) supported
by our courts of jurisdiction and SCOTUS.

Did you notice my use of the word "citizen"?

And I said "people". A Cuban refugee, that floats across the Florida
Straights on an air mattress and steps one single foot on shore is
treated as a non-citizen that can immediately file for release by
requesting asylum. IOW he is treated with the same affordability of
rights as a "citizen".

Haitians that fled Haiti during the same time (1980) and still now are
automatically deported. ( 30 years ago?)

"... reading mail or listening to phone calls without a warrant,
holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much less a trial.."

I've done all the above with legal approval. http://www.bop.gov/

Warrants aren't required for monitoring the communications of incarcerated
felons unless you want to listen in while they're talking to their lawyers.

Well the felon can always give permission. Federal phone banks for
inmate use have policy stickers posted. In essence -- "talk on this
phone we keep and use the taped conversations". They see the warning,
learn in A&O week, etc.

Want a private conversation with your lawyer, go see the counselor.
They will arrange it, even dial the number.

And if you've held a citizen without charge or trial indefinitely, pray
tell, who would that have been?

Sorry I wasn't clear. These were Cubans forced onto boats in Havana by
armed military. Fidel Castro opened his prisons and asylums, forced
them onto boats that went to get family members. They were forced to
board the vessels based on what Castro dictated.

Yes. Some were held, they had an immigration hold. These were the ones
that rubbed **** all over themselves on a routine basis. A few cases
lived in cells with 1/4" steel plate inside, it was indefinite
housing.

If we tried to send them back Castro would have shot them. (see
Atlanta / Talladega prison riots over deportation, the State Dept.
caused).