Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Homophobia USA

On 12/2/2010 12:18 AM, DGDevin wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

"Legally"? My goodness, we've become awfully delicate about the law
since a Democrat was elected President, haven't we.

Democrats never do anything wrong and Republicans are little angels
too. :-)

Democrats do plenty wrong, but at the moment the Republicans are well in
the lead when it comes to carpet-chewing crazy. The CBO said a couple of
years back that the real cost of the war in Iraq would top two trillion
dollars once the interest was paid on the borrowed money used to fund
the war--and spending in Iraq hasn't stopped in the meantime. So where
are the Repubs anxious to cut spending? School lunches and PBS. And of
course nobody gets a tax cut unless people making over $20,000 a month
get one too. You almost have to admire the sheer gall of their
determination to direct as much of the nation's wealth as possible into
the hands of their corporate backers.

DG, what would happen if suddenly, every adult American citizen were to
be given 1 million dollars?

TDD

Within a week, a loaf of bread would be fifty bucks, is what would happen.

Status quo ante would be quickly restored, but with the decimal point on
prices shifted over a couple of notches.

--
aem sends...