Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default How do you store your stock?

spaco wrote:

Everyone I know is always looking for a better way to store their stock
in their home shop.

Here's how I store mine:

Most of my metal is 12" or shorter. Mostly drops I was able to get from work with a chit.
Those are in a 4' sq by 12" deep box I used to carry my ice fishing equipment across the
ice. Now it is on one side and there is a lot of stock stacked verticaly.

Wood, well there is a corner of my garage with a couple racks. I have Tamerack, White
Pine, Oak and lots of maple. Some of it is 10 years old. I transitioned from
woodworking while it was curing but I still have all my WW tools. I figure I have at
least 20 more years, I'll get to it.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller