Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Gear racks question

On 12/2/2010 11:06 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Quick-adjusting nuts are simple to make. The body is a short cylinder
with a blind hole for the plunger.

Yeah, familiar with those. I didn't go into enough detail. I want to use
the rack for positive quick adjustment, but be able to make fine
adjustments, with a dial indicator to arrive at final dimension.
Idea is to be able to calibrate back gauge, then be able to quickly
shear or bend to size. Well, on the finger brake it's not so cut and
dried, but you get the picture.

I believe DiAcro uses the quick adjusting nuts stock, but I didn't get
back gauges with either unit.

Jon