Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

On 12/2/2010 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 02:02:06 -0500, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Ayup, it's time to start cuttin' into that drywall if you didn't wire
for the entire ceiling. Add that switch while you're at it. 3 rows of
3 fixtures with 2 rows of 2 in between them, switched for even and odd
rows. 3' spacing between rows instead of 4', or go 2' from walls and
keep the 4' row spacing.

---- ---- ----
---- ---- (door side)
---- ---- ----
---- ----
---- ---- ----

It's closer to Lew's modeling (way too much, IMHO) but it's switchable
to avoid the need for sunglasses. Pure white EGGSHELL paint is the
perfect mix for reflection without glare or thrown shadows.

Larry,
Here are 2 more views of your vision implemented in SketchUp in case
anyone would like to see:

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Cool! I assume that the two wrong-way lights are the existing backups?

I had to move a few bit to accommodate obstacles (like garage door
opener). The luminaires with electronic ballasts featuring "instant
start" and less than 10% THD are about $40 each--lamps extra.

Total harmonic distortion in fluors? New one on me.

Wikipedia says 1% THD is supposed to be inaudible to the human ear.
"Standard" (Lithonia) electronic ballasts are 20% THD
"Instant on and Rapid start" electronic ballast by Lithonia are 10% THD.

This is ALL sort of a "new one on me"! : ) FWIW, there is $14
difference in price between a track lights with Standard ballast
versus one with Instant Start ballast.

Bill