Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Arrrggghhh! - Metric Stuff Up!

On Nov 30, 2:07*am, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

The Moral - I cant think in Metric, cant visualise in Metric, cant
look at metric measurements and think "nah, no way - too wide/long/
narrow thick etc etc"

How you guys cope - bloody sick of doing this...

Andrew VK3BFA.

Getting so that one thinks in a different measuring system isn't
easy. I guess it like speaking a foreign language. One thing to
learn a foreign language, another thing to think in a foreign
language.

I spent a lot of time looking at an oscilloscope screen, so a cm
became something I can think in. But I do not do well with Pascals,
and even Centigrade temperatures.

Dan