Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Sledge design

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
Mike Clarke wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

The plastic sledges seem faster. Is the idea to have narrow
runners or are you better off having wider ones to ride on top of
the snow?

That depends on if you have the right sort of snow or not. If it's
soft and squashy then wide runners are probably best but if it gets
frozen hard then narrow ones would be better.

How about a multigrade design. V section runners should present a
narrow strip on harder snow and ice and the wider part should help it
from digging into soft snow too much. Might have to play with the
angles - say about 120 degrees included to start with. Adjustable
would be really posh.

Vee section sounds great! Getting the curve at the front would be
interesting....

No sign of snow here in Southampton

How about now?

:-)

About 120mm this morning. I think the last time we had this much was 1985
Bob