Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Anyway, written on the front of the DC input socket, it claims it needs
16V - so I've got it charging up of one of my laboratory supplies set at
that.

Initially connecting it up, it was was drawing about 100mA. After 5
hours it's now drawing 400mA. Must have some 'inteligence' in it.

If the internal lead acid battery was very flat, this is what happens. The
internal resistance goes high. As it charges, it comes down to where it
should be. FWIW the SLAs used on these won't supply starting current very
often. Perhaps a half dozen times or so before they no longer manage the
full amount. But can limp on as just a portable 12v DC supply for quite
some time.

So I'd guess a 16V 500mA adaptor (or thereabouts) would be a suitable
replacement. But to check if anyone has one of these, could ye check
what's written on the mains adaptor? And can find for reference the user
instructions?

My Lidl one has a 1000 mA wall wart. I can look at its spec if you want.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.