Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Homophobia USA

"Oren" wrote in message ...

All this time I thought the liberal were calling the Constitution a
"living breathing document".

That was Jefferson's view, and he owned slaves, so he probably wasn't all
that liberal.

We have had for many years, indefinite detention (not military) of
people for decades. All in immigration laws (Mariel Cubans) supported
by our courts of jurisdiction and SCOTUS.

Did you notice my use of the word "citizen"?

"... reading mail or listening to phone calls without a warrant,
holding a citizen indefinitely without charges much less a trial.."

I've done all the above with legal approval. http://www.bop.gov/

Warrants aren't required for monitoring the communications of incarcerated
felons unless you want to listen in while they're talking to their lawyers.
And if you've held a citizen without charge or trial indefinitely, pray
tell, who would that have been?