Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What do you call this? What does Harbor Freight call this?

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:59:34 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 08:25:10 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

mm wrote:

What's the angle? grinder that has two small circular blades going
the opposite direction? Specifically, what does harbor freight call
their cheap one? I suddenly need one, I think, but can't get it
because I don't remember what it's called. Thanks.

(There used to be one advertised on late-night tv.)

They've had something called I think a "dual saw", not sure if you can
find it on their site now.

Thanks to you and everyone. Yes, it seems to be called the *Omni*
dual saw, which might be important. Or maybe the name is changed^^^

If you don't say Omni, one of the hits is this:
http://www.stoorz.com/i/dual-saw?z=G...915Qodbn jjmw
which is 128 dollars with their on-line coupon**, plus who knows how
much shipping, when the cheapest prices for Billy Mays's product is
150. ^^^Wait! Another ad says this IS the same product, but they've
changed its name to the TwinCut Dual Saw, and they want 180.

Okay, I can't tell if it's the same thing as
http://www.ecrater.com/p/4783608/bil...sed-as-seen-on or
not, but at 130 or 150, I don't really need it.

**It says the coupon expires today. Yeah, right, lately they always
expire the day I look at them, and tomorrow they'll expire tomorrow,
right?

There's also this one
http://www.amazon.com/Omni-QuadForce.../dp/B003ZUYANK

120 dollars. Terrible picture, all kinds of extra words in the name,
no mention of As Seen on TV**. It all makes me nervous.

**Of course "As seen on TV" doesn't necessarily mean it's the product
one is looking for. There can be some cheap imitation that they
advertise on one channel of TV for 5 30-second spots, and then they're
not lying afaik.

A set of replacement blades here is 33 dollars and elsewhere 30.