Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Wiring a double outlet, how-to dept.

Eric in North TX wrote in news:436bba26-b390-4072-9f1a-
:

I just want to share something I stumbled upon; I always put in double
outlets when we do a room over in our old house, but have had problems
with getting the wires that connect the 2 together the right length to
not have problems installing the face plate. In an inspired action the
other day, I assembled the sockets in the double switch plate and
wired them there. When removed them from the switch plate & put them
in the box, it went as easy as pie. I didn't have to fight or lever at
all, and the switch plate dropped right on. I just though I'd share,
maybe everyone else has been doing that right along, but it was a
revelation to me.

I finally figured out what you meant! Yes, a good tip. If what I perceived
is not what you meant then I have a good idea! :-)