Posted to alt.home.repair
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Another 'multi-tool' question

I bought and used mine the first time for a specific cut that no tool I
owned could make.

As soon as I find the time to write it I plan to post a photo illustrated
article or two about this tool.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com- Hide quoted text -

I don't know how in-depth your article(s) will be, so I'll offer this
info:

I don't know how specific a cut the average Joe would make, but you
might include the use of teflon coated blades, if available in/for the
DIYer or professional construction arena.

In the medical field, original (non-teflon coated) blades were fine,
when cutting gypsum casts. These days (*since the early-mid 1970s),
fiberglass casts are often the norm and the older blades would create,
not only, excess heat (hot enough to burn a patient), but a build-up
of fiberglass would collect on the blades/teeth (contributing, more
so, to heat build-up). Heat build-up was/is, also, a concern when
cutting bone. *These days, teflon coated blades are available and
greatly reduced heat build-up and reduced material build-up on the
blade/teeth.

A build-up of resin on the blade/teeth, when cutting wood, or build-up
of a finish (many are heat sensitive) might be an issue for some DIY
and/or construction applications. Excess heat may result in unwanted
burn marks on wood, also. Teflon coated blades may/likely reduce heat/
resin/finish/(old petro based caulk?) build-up, should these kinds of
issues be a concern.

I don't know if teflon coated blades are available, outside the
medical field, for oscillating saws. I would suppose they are
available.

Sonny