Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Wiring a double outlet, how-to dept.

On Dec 1, 8:26*am, wrote:
On Dec 1, 9:20*am, "dadiOH" wrote:

Eric in North TX wrote:

I just want to share something I stumbled upon; I always put in double
outlets when we do a room over in our old house, but have had problems
with getting the wires that connect the 2 together the right length to
not have problems installing the face plate. In an inspired action the
other day, I assembled the sockets in the double switch plate and
wired them there. When removed them from the switch plate & put them
in the box, it went as easy as pie. I didn't have to fight or lever at
all, and the switch plate dropped right on. I just though I'd share,
maybe everyone else has been doing that right along, but it was a
revelation to me.

I'm not sure I understand you. *Are you saying that you previously had
difficuty connecting one of the two duplex outlets to the other? *If so, I
am minorly sad to inform you that there is no need to connect them as they
*come* connected (unless you have broken off the tabs that do so).

--

It would seem what he's talking about is putting two duplex outlets
into a box. *Not sure I see the big issue here either though. * You

There is an element I hadn't seen necessary to mention, I use 12 ga
wire exclusively and in short runs like that it is very stiff. I have
had success in the past making the connecting wires V shaped which
gave them a little give, but this is definitely superior, it is like
installing a sub assembly.