Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Sledge design

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:10:23 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1005316 20101201 142337 "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Couldn't get to my job today, on top of a steep hill on an ungritted
back road.

Took my granddaughter sledging instead. Amazing to see the variety of
things used as sledges; rubble sacks, estate agents signs, road signs,
small surfboards, wheelie bin lids, trays,

Nothing beats an inflated truck or tractor inner-tube.

Agreed. We've got a wide variety of sledding devices here (I'm in
northern Minnesota, where it's snow-bound for at least 5 months of the
year) and inflatable tubes are by far the fastest and go the farthest.
Just take a few puncture-repair patches out with you just in case!

The sleds that look like surfboards aren't too bad either, but they tend
to split and tear up underneath quite quickly and become useless.

cheers

Jules