Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default Sledge design

Couldn't get to my job today, on top of a steep hill on an ungritted back
road.

Took my granddaughter sledging instead. Amazing to see the variety of
things used as sledges; rubble sacks, estate agents signs, road signs, small
surfboards, wheelie bin lids, trays,

Built her the sledge from some scrap timber. Runners are 6 x 1 with
aluminium strips.

Wasn't as fast as I thought it would be, mind you, despite eating like a
horse she doesn't weigh much.

The plastic sledges seem faster. Is the idea to have narrow runners or are
you better off having wider ones to ride on top of the snow?

Any Eskimos on the group?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk