Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House Voltage

"Art Todesco" wrote

After checking around I
measured the line voltage at 127 volts. I thought this was a bit high so
I called the power company. They indicated that this was NOT considered
high, but are sending out a tech anyway. So, my question to all you
experts out there, what is considered high? My UPS thinks it's high. My
speakers don't work, but, I know they are cheapies.

Barely, but within tolerance. I had a problem with bulbs burning out and
they seem bright in the morning. Checked my power and had 140 volts in the
morning. They said the voltage is kicked up in the morning as industry
comes on line. They made adjustments and no problems since.