Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Another 'multi-tool' question

"Bob-tx" NOBSPAM wrote in message
Only this one is dumb.
I have a garage full of tools, some I bought as far back as 50 years ago.

When I have seen the threads on here
about 'multi-function' tools, I rather figured you were talking about like
a pair of pliers with a screw driver on one leg of the grip.

You know, something like a Swiss Army
knife - one tool with lots of gadgets. I never
thought much of these sort of things, and
steered away from them, so I didn't pay much
attention to these multi-tool threads.

But, after reading a few, I have determined
that this old man doesn't know as much as he thought he did. So my
question is:

What the heck is a 'multi-tool'?

Thanks for setting me straight.

Bob-tx

In addition to everything that has been said, it will do stuff that these
tools can not:
jig saw
rotozip
dremel
recip saw
and I am sure I could add to that list.

I bought and used mine the first time for a specific cut that no tool I
owned could make. That was cutting 1/4" off the bottom of some fake rafters
of a dormer that was sitting on a roof. I needed to be able to tuck some
shingles up there like the builder did in 1963.

The most understated thing, in this thread, that it can do is remove about
50 years worth of bad caulk jobs from a brick house and the brick mold with
no damage to either. It can do this in 1/10th or less the time it would take
to do it by convential methods. We are talking about that old petro based
caulk for the first 20 or 30 years. Worth the price if you never use it for
anything but this.

As soon as I find the time to write it I plan to post a photo illustrated
article or two about this tool.

--
Colbyt
Please come visit