Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Multi-Tool Question

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:40:14 -0500, Colbyt wrote:

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
Ok, so I bought one as Sutherlands, an off brand, but better than HF
quality, Genesis brand. I replaced 1 window and the blade shattered. I
went
to the Borg and they said I need to buy the brand-specific blade. Aren't
they interchangable?

Mike D.

They may be but there is no guarantee for that. I was at Harbor Freight
when a customers asked if their blades would fit his tool.

The answer was we don't know. We guarantee they fit ours. I don't think
they would have lost a sale if there wasn't some doubt.

My untested opinion is that the arbor hole will never be a problem. It is
those little holes that may not match up.

That is my concern. I bought a HF blade and it fits. However, I would
rather spend a few more $$ to get a quality blade that would hold up
longer.