Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Another 'multi-tool' question

On 11/30/2010 4:04 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
Only this one is dumb.
I have a garage full of tools, some I bought as far back as 50 years
ago.

When I have seen the threads on here
about 'multi-function' tools, I rather figured you were talking
about like a pair of pliers with a screw driver on one leg of the grip.

You know, something like a Swiss Army
knife - one tool with lots of gadgets. I never
thought much of these sort of things, and
steered away from them, so I didn't pay much
attention to these multi-tool threads.

But, after reading a few, I have determined
that this old man doesn't know as much as he thought he did. So my
question is:

What the heck is a 'multi-tool'?

Thanks for setting me straight.

Bob-tx

The original Fein MultiMaster started it all. They got and still
get big bucks for their units. Here's a link:
http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/us/en/main/
It's basically a orbital tool that accepts a sander plate or
cutters. The good thing is that you can get into places where other
tools can't. You can get copy cats for $40 or even less, with some
brand names (not Fein) costing maybe $100 or so.