Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default HS-U580 Mitsubishi RF output issue

bob u wrote:
had this nice VCR i sold to a customer
I set it up in his house and it was fine
2 weeks latter he is having issues

i got it back and tested it.
through the line outputs it seems to work fine
through the RF CH4 modulated output, its a blue screen
It seems the modulator is putting out a carrier,
but no information. If i do the TV/VCR switch, i can see
the TV channels OK on the TV with pass through mode.
I don't have the manual on this beast.
I checked the menu, and there is a way to disable the RF mod
in the set up menu. I double checked it, and its enabled.
I even toggled it for good measure.

This does not sound like a modulator issue, but i am kind of
stumped on this without further information. Anybody got any ideas
on this or have a PDF manual on the HS-U580?

bob

Hi Bob,

I'd check the caps first. Maybe a few are leaking and wreaking havoc on the
circuit board. Is the audio missing as well? Just to make sure I understand
your problem, is the screen also blue when playing a tape as well as going
through the tuner?

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA