Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Arrrggghhh! - Metric Stuff Up!

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:
Metric sucks, and I don't give a damn about the arguments to the contrary.

Those of us that were groomed to work in the Imperial measuring system have
no issues with how it works.

Not true; I get confused with measuring tapes that give feet and
inches
instead of just inches. It's easier to use the millimeter scale.

There's some kind of secret organization that has been advertising
a decalibration of the cup, they have some wacky idea about making
a pair of different units, It's VITAL that this activity be
suppressed,
lest my reliable 236.6 ml measuring instruments be made into
a new source of confusion!

Get the NIST after that bunch of scoundrels, quickest! It was
something to do with "two cup sizes" and the organization was
called "Victoria's Secret"...