Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default outlet on when thermostat on

On Nov 29, 1:54*pm, "RBM" wrote:
"Sam Takoy" wrote in message

Hi,

Looking for a cheap but reliable solution.

I want a fan to turn on when my thermostat is on. Is there a gizmo that
would do that for me. My fan is line voltage.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Depending upon the type of heating system you have, this may not be a big
deal. For example, in a typical hydronic heating system the low voltage
thermostat, via a switching relay, turns on a 120 volt pump. If you have
such a system, you can just parallel a line from the pump to your outlet. Of
course it also depends upon what this outlet will be powering as there are
limits determined by the capacity of the controls involved.

That was my thought "red-neck" it and wire into the 120 line that runs
the furnace when teh relay kicks on. Seriously doubt it would be code
compliant.

Harry K