Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

It took me a few months to find and replace some aged electrolytics that
were allowing ripple into the DC supplies, and I "crunched" all the chips
and board connectors a few times. Then it got pretty stable, with only
an occasional error on boot.

Back in 1997 I got an Allen-Bradley 7320 CNC control from a guy on this
very list, and made it work on my machine, with my encoders, etc. with a
GREAT deal of tinkering, involving disassembling the executive and
modifying it. I had 3 major breakdowns in about 9 months, and any time
I opened it up, I had to play with wiggling connectors for several hours
to get all the panel controls and lights to work. There were constant
minor pains like losing the battery-backed DRAM every couple weeks, but
that was just a quick reload from a PC. I got EMC, the very original
one, from NIST in 1999, and never went back.

Jon