Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Arrrggghhh! - Metric Stuff Up!

On 11/29/2010 11:07 PM, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

How you guys cope - bloody sick of doing this...

Well, being here still, for now I convert all metric dimensions to inch.
Toward my eventual relocation, I'm replacing as many of my micrometers
with digital for the inch/mm capability. And looking for such items as
metric scales for my Starrett combination square, etc etc etc. I have a
full set of inch 5C collets, and metric in full mm increments. I'll be
bringing over as much inch materials as I can justify. But am sorta
dreading the unavoidable fact that I'm going to be dealing with two
systems of measurement for a long time to come.

I am just sorta getting a handle on metric threads, a lot of what I do
for one customer is metric. But in terms of linear dimensions, I think
in inches and generally still have to look at a conversion chart. If
nothing else, just to make sure my general idea of a linear metric
dimension is really what I think it is.

Jon