Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Schlage locks

On Nov 29, 10:54*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:53:08 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc

wrote:
But kicking the door open makes it real obvious you've been there. A
solid door with a good deadbolt in a good steel jam would take a
pretty good battering ram to get open. I know a few that would break
your leg before you had them kicked open - and with Multilock keys,
even a "bump key" does not stand a chance.- Hide quoted text -

Like the windows are equally secure? *I don't think so.

Some windows are better than your average door. The regular burglar is
not going to do much to a 140 MPH "impact rated" window.
You can shoot a 2x4 out of an air cannon at one and it won't get
through. Reglazing the window may cost more than the average burglar
steals tho *;-(

How many houses have 140 mph impact rated windows as compared to how
many have steel doors with deadbolts?

Most double hung windows. Two crowbars. One under each lower corner
of the bottom half. Pry up.