Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default sitting toilet on base

On Nov 27, 8:36*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/27/2010 5:44 AM, bpuharic wrote:

The wax seal broke on the toilet. it sits on a concrete floor with a
raised flange, and was not shimmed to prevent rocking.

I'm trying to line up the bolts to re-seat the toilet on the flange
before I shim it...so what's the best way to locate these bolts? *They
tend to rotate as they're being tightened, then they pull out of the
holes.....thanks much

if they bolts are in the flange properly they won't spin or come out.

--
Steve Barker

Gee I just did the same thing and I found that the bolts would spin,
when in the flange's slot, but would not come out. So I didn't worry
about it too much. But I still would have preferred to have the long
axis of the rectangular bolt head perpendicular to the slot - if I
ever do it again I hope I remember the Sharpie idea. --H