Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If you need HDMI cables, go to Amazon and buy the $4 ones. They
works as well as the $30+ cords. When I had my DirecTV setup, the
installer left me a couple of extras also.

Avoid Monster Cable. Get Blue Jean cable. Here's why:

" I say this because my observation has been that Monster Cable
typically operates in a hit-and-run fashion. Your client threatens
litigation, expecting the victim to panic and plead for mercy; and
what follows is a quickie negotiation session that ends with payment
and a licensing agreement. Your client then uses this collection of
licensing agreements to convince others under similar threat to
accede to its demands. Let me be clear about this: there are only
two ways for you to get anything out of me. You will either need to
(1) convince me that I have infringed, or (2) obtain a final
judgment to that effect from a court of competent jurisdiction. "

Read the whole thing:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back

A great letter. I've saved a copy for "boiler plating" in the
future. I really, really would like to see the outrageous and
nonsensical claims Monster has been making for year dealt with in
court with expert witnesses who would tear them a new output port.
Sadly, I have friends that believe that paying 10 times what a cable
is worth makes it somehow ten times better. )-:

I'm guessing if Monster is stupid enough to proceed, they might very
well end up having to admit, in court, that they are 98% hype and
nothing more.

It's worse. Monster Cable even threatened to sue one "Vermonster Day Care"
for using the trademarked word in their name!
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...03446477.shtml

The problem is that enough lawyer-fearing recipients of these threat letters
enter into settlements rso that companies like Monster actually start
believing they are in the right. That is right until they run into someone
who *won't* settle and Monster makes the mistake of litigating, where the
rubber meets the road. I'll bet Monster folds like a cheap suit when that
happens because they can't afford to lose and set a damaging precedent.

It will be interesting to see where the Blue Jean Cable "threatfest" ends
up. I seen Monster getting chased out by villagers with torches.

--
Bobby G.