Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT Digital TV, free TV

On Nov 29, 6:30*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
I'd recommend against aluminum, because that oxide layer will interfere with
the electrical continuity. ...

I think that every antenna I've ever seen was aluminum. *There can't be
too much interference.

Bob

I used to have to clean the antenna connections to restore lost signal
strength every few years until the steel rivets rusted and I replaced
them with stainless screws coated with Ox-Gard.

My UHF dipole is two 6" aluminum standoffs stuck in the ends of
plastic tubing, and retained by the stainless terminal screws. IIRC it
went up a year before the transition and hasn't been touched or lost
3dB since.

jsw