Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

This "excursion" into single-phase operation is the second for me on this
machine.

Back in late July, I hooked up, more or less by the "seat of the pants"
manner, and it worked -- more or less.

But it was throwing all sorts of BSP communications errors, and e-
stopping. I figured it must be the 1-Phase mods, and reversed them all.

I got an RPC, hooked it all up, and guess what? Same errors.

It took me a few months to find and replace some aged electrolytics that
were allowing ripple into the DC supplies, and I "crunched" all the chips
and board connectors a few times. Then it got pretty stable, with only
an occasional error on boot.

With the new, better-designed single-phase changes, it's about the same.
It'll probably take a while to make it bug-free; and that's part of the
incentive to upgrade the control.

LLoyd