Bridger

Default selling items at flea markets, and craft shows

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 02:51:54 GMT, Howard wrote:

Bridger wrote:

eBay
itself does not have sufficient credible competition to keep them
honest

more on this, please...

??

Just look around. eBay is #1, and #2-#10 are so far down in the noise
you can't even find them. There are some specialty auction sites, but
only for stuff that eBay refuses to handle, such as guns. There are a
few others, but how many people even know that ubid.com exists, and
that yahoo.com does auctions? There are about 50-60 such auction
sites, and all together, they handle about 2% of the auction volume of
eBay. So everybody flocks to eBay; the buyers because the selection
is better (and many of them don't know about any other auction site),
and the sellers because they can get better prices than anywhere else.

That said, for some reason about which I am utterly clueless, I've
seen stuff go on liquidation.com for prices higher than on eBay, which
I think is just insane (or maybe hopeful).

hmm.... it seemed like you were saying something about dishonesty in
ebay's business practises. wouldn't surprise me, but I was hoping for
specifics.