Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Tomtom Start won't find satellites after software update

On 29/11/10 16:21, Mike Lane wrote:

£70 will get you coverage of all of Europe. I think you'll find most of the
cheapo units on offer will have the UK only installed.

I think it's a reasonable price if you consider that it covers every town and
village in Western Europe down to street level. If you tried to buy paper
maps covering the same area with the same amount of detail, it would cost you
far more than that.

True, but who would want that coverage at that detail? Over the years I
have acquired a large collection of maps for the bits of Europe that at
that time and at that scale was of interest. Some of them I have used for
years, but more often I find when I need it again it is rather to old to be
relied on. Having the whole of Europe or even just GB on hand is very nice
but most of it will not be used.

--
djc