Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Digital TV, free TV

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:34:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Nov 28, 7:01*am, "RogerN" wrote:
Not directly metalworking but if I save money on TV then I can buy some
metal!

Got rid of my Dish Network after much hassle after the receiver quit
working. *I do not recommend Dish Network ever for any reason, you are
better off to get a chalk board and draw pictures. *They are fine until you
need something like a receiver or service, they don't work with you, cheat
you, and want you to send the receiver, LNB, and remote back to them at your
expense when you discontinue their service.

I have heard that Digital TV looks as good as (or better than) cable or
satellite TV, so I'm thinking about setting up some type of mast and outdoor
antenna. *I guess I need a mast or tower and antenna, amplifier worth it?
There are a couple station in the 20-30 mile radius but more in the ~70 mile
radius.

I guess I need a DTV converter box?

Anyone getting good results with DTV from an antenna?

Currently I have no channels, just videotapes and DVD's.

RogerN

Make*sure*you're*in*line*of*site*with*the*transmi tters*towers.

Karl, your posts are recently coming in with characters between the
words. = A 0 (with no spaces) Whassup wi dat?

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.