Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.gps
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default Tomtom Start won't find satellites after software update

On Nov 28, 3:37*pm, Roger Chapman wrote:
On 28/11/2010 14:39, kraftee wrote:

I have had a few problems with a hand held Garmin in the past and
always found Garmin very helpful. They are contactable via e-mail. I
don't know if Tomtom are equally amenable but as the market leader
they should be.

You obviously haven't tried to get any support from them....

Not yet, but I did wonder about their marketing strategy when I
discovered that the new swan neck mounting for deeply sloping
windscreens was the best part of £30 for something they would have had
made in the Far East for pennies.

My Garmin is my 1st Sat Nav (got in 2008). I'm curious as to their
strategy as well, as AFAIK the maps update costs £70, which is damn
close the cost of a new unit - not neccessarily a Garmin !