Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default LED lamp sellers with 'equivalent' ordinary lamp wattages - anywhere?

wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Jim K writes:
On Nov 27, 7:13 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

If you are able to manfacture your own, the component LED parts are
not expensive (at least, nowhere near as expensive as commercial
efficient LED lighting).

what's involved?

[snip long, detailed, description - thanks Andrew]

I want specifically to use them on my boat at 12 volts so I guess I
need to address the issue of providing efficient constant current
supplies from the 12 volt supply.

It *feels* like a cheap, single chip, constant current device should
be possible such that one chip per LED would be the way to go.

Rapid sell a couple of ready made switched mode LED power supplies:-

RCD-24 350MA POWER LED DRIVER RC £9.38 (plus VAT)
RCD-24 700MA POWER LED DRIVER RC £13.45 (plus VAT)

I can't find them cheaper anywhere else but they'll surely come down
in price as LEDs become more widely used. The above are a very simple
solution, would work fine for me on the boat at 12 volts.

--
Chris Green