Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_3_] Carl Ijames[_3_] is offline

Default OT Digital TV, free TV

I got a converter box about a year before the changeover since all the local
stations were already broadcasting both analog and digital (Washington, DC
area), and just used the same antenna I already had up for the analog
signals. Here is a very useful website for you:
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Welcome.aspx

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Not directly metalworking but if I save money on TV then I can buy some
metal!

Got rid of my Dish Network after much hassle after the receiver quit
working. I do not recommend Dish Network ever for any reason, you are
better off to get a chalk board and draw pictures. They are fine until
you need something like a receiver or service, they don't work with you,
cheat you, and want you to send the receiver, LNB, and remote back to them
at your expense when you discontinue their service.

I have heard that Digital TV looks as good as (or better than) cable or
satellite TV, so I'm thinking about setting up some type of mast and
outdoor antenna. I guess I need a mast or tower and antenna, amplifier
worth it? There are a couple station in the 20-30 mile radius but more in
the ~70 mile radius.

I guess I need a DTV converter box?

Anyone getting good results with DTV from an antenna?

Currently I have no channels, just videotapes and DVD's.

RogerN