Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

"RogerN" fired this volley in
:

Sorry I didn't clarify. I was referring to an additional limit switch
provided by the user that would turn on contactors when deactivated
and turn the contactors back off when activated. Then you position
this limit switch, perhaps with magnets, so that it is activated when
the machine is at the park, tool change, or stop position. The
contacts from the contactor or relay could turn on the run fwd input
to the drive if you set it up so the contact had to be maintained to
run the drive. Additional contacts could be used to operate a coolant
motor or solenoid air valve for mist coolant.

You wouldn't need to add switches to the R2E4. It has them. They aren't
necessary for the control to stop past the limits, unless a motor drive
fault occurs. They could be used for double-duty.

I misspoke one thing. There are "M" codes to turn on coolant flow. Just
not to start/stop the spindle.

LLoyd