Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default LED lamp sellers with 'equivalent' ordinary lamp wattages - anywhere?

On 28/11/10 17:01, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

On 28/11/10 16:10, Andy Burns wrote:

Cree, Luxeon, Lumileds are the names for high power LEDs

Nichia?

Yeah, and them.

And never underestimate how bad LEDs are in cheap lighting products. Had
a couple of 12V shelf lamps from B&Q that I clipped to the daughter's
bed (safe and not hot). They were a cluster of about a dozen 0.2" bright
white LEDS - not very high powered. After about a month, the LEDs
started keeling, one by one.

Got them replaced and the next set did exactly the same.

I won't buy any LED fitting now unless I know what LEDs are in it.

--
Tim Watts