Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default OT - 4x4 automatic car.

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message

Vernon wrote:
On 28/11/2010 13:13, sweetheart wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 28/11/2010 12:44, sweetheart wrote:

How about a fiat panda 4x4?

I don't know, is there one? I only have a Fiat scudo because it was
available and the right size at the time. I do not have any strong
preferences for make. As long as it is reliable . Available would be good
but I had it in mind to get together a number of possibles and then ask
the
local second hand car dealer to get me a " nearly new" of whatever was
on
the list. Have done that successfully before ( and said bloke is reliable
and doesn't sniff at my requests - unlike the main dealerships with new
cars.)

I would add , this car, whatever I get is to be my OH's Christmas/ birthday
present. He wont get anything else. The most likely usage will be to his
sisters and back into Plymouth ( and the odd trip for me in bad weather or
when I cannot take my own). We live in a village. We are isolated and off
the main gritted roads. Cornwall County Council is not to be given bouquests
for their ability to clear the village roads ( even A and B roads). Last
year they left us nearly three weeks without rubbish collections or any
other services or trying to clear the roads but claimed the roads were
clear because they had gritted the main A 390 and A 38 and A 30!