Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default OT - 4x4 automatic car.

On 2010-11-28, Jeff Gaines wrote:

Having an automatic box removes many of the benefits of 4 WD,

Care to elaborate?

In a word 'control' - the ability to control the linkage between the
engine and transmission yourself.

But only if you are any good at that. The majority of average drivers in my
experience are not that good. They may think they are but what thought does
is not necessary a correspond to events or fact does it? I have to say
this , I am getting fed up. I didnt ask for this to go to the " driving
experts". I had hoped for some straighfroward simple " I have this car , I
would recommend it" or conversly " dont get this its rubbish" type answers.