Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default OT - 4x4 automatic car.

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 28/11/2010 13:13, sweetheart wrote:

I dont necessarily want it for off road or bad weather . I would prefer
to avoid both but the fact remains that most 4x4's got out of the
village last year when I couldnt. I simply want broader options than I
have now.

Good round clearance, snow tyres and manual transmission.

Good ground clearance would be useful ( especially if the river runs to
flood as it did last week. But manual not necessarily. As I said, I
cannot afford to be reliant on OH who doesn't even want to get out of
bed anymore.

I was putting manual forward as a suggestion as to why other 4x4s got out
but you didn't.

But the manuals didnt get out. The automatics did. I my two wheel drive
didnt make it ( although I got further than most), the four wheel
autmomatics got out. The two wheel manuals ( and my automatic front wheel
drive did better than them) didnt get beyond the first corner. hence 4x4
automatic seems to be the choice.