Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.gps
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Tomtom Start won't find satellites after software update

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
My daughter's Tomtom Start has gone on the blink after a software update.
It now no longer finds any satellites (and yes, it has been left for over
an hour outside).

We've tried a soft reset via the on screen menu and also a hard reset via
the hidden reset button. We've tried re-installing the software updates
but that hasn't worked either. There doesn't seem to be any way of
"rolling back" the software as my daughter has never done any back-ups in
the past.

We've getting to the stage of returning it to Tomtom but I wonder if
anyone knows any other ways of restoring its functionality? It just seems
odd that it was working fine until the software update and then stopped
working. I feel there ought to be some easy way of sorting this out.

Tim

Don't know about these, but when new, my first (walker's -type) Garmin
wouldn't lock even after several hours with an "average" view of sky. In the
end I left it overnight on a roof with a "horizon to horizon" view, and it's
been fine since.