Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Need dolly ramp recommendations

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Sorta in the same vein- those temporary ramps always like to shoot out
from under you.

Lacking a helper, I dragged an old, thin piece of scrap plywood out of
the hay barn and used it to load an air compressor onto the truck. The
compressor has a vertical tank and wheels, essentially a built-in dolly.
I was nervous about the plywood snapping, but it didn't. Instead, it did
indeed shoot out from under me when I was halfway up. The compressor and
the plywood and I hit the deck quicker than you can say "WTF." The
biggest difference between men and women is, men will do stupid things
even when they know ahead of time that they're stupid things.