Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need dolly ramp recommendations

On Nov 26, 11:54*pm, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I need to be doing some moving of appliances into and
out of my garage in to my house. *The rise from outside
of my house over the sill is 6". *My refrigerator dolly can do
this, but I am getting a little old for the power/strength
it takes. *The drop over the side of the sill on the
inside of the house looks to be only about 3/4".

Is there some kind on ramp I can put in from of the sill
so that I do not have to go 6" straight up? *Reusable,
portable? *Do these things securely hold my dolly with
refrigerator attached?

Many thanks,
-T

As long as everyone is describing their ramps, here's how I made mine,
all from scrap:

For each ramp, I screwed a 2 x 8 to a 4 x 4. I relieved the ends of
the 2 x 8's to eliminate the "step". No flex what so ever it would
take an awful lot of weight to bend what is basically a 4 x 6.

They were originally made for loading a riding mower into my trailer,
but have since helped move an upright piano as well as a few other
heavy objects.

To move the piano out of the house the ramps were actually used as a
bridge from the front steps to the trailer, with a sheet of 3/4" ply
as the "rolling surface".