Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ant30dio@yahoo.com is offline

Default Delta 17-900 Drill Press Spindle Pulley Removal

On Nov 3, 5:11*pm, " wrote:
On Nov 3, 5:45*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:

Have you tried taking the head off the post.
I was able to fix mine buy taking the head off. I couldn't get the
pulley off the quill. I didn't have the correct puller. So on a lark I
pulled the head off and was able to get at it from there.

No didn't think of that.
So you were able to get to the cam and *tensioning lever by taking off
the head?
Anyways I got it off, I'll follow up when I get further, may not be
till the weekend.Thanks,Tony

Well got it all back together.
Two rods in head slide forward and back, by a lever and a cam. Pin in
cam had fallen out, had to peen in. Tightened cam good and tight and
broke cam, had to have welded. Rods were gummed up and rusted, had to
wire wheel and lube.
Replaced 1 belt, motor had a bit of a noise, put some rummer isolators
under motor, seemed to help some. Think the noise is in the motor
itself.
Here are some pictures and a You tube video.
thanks, Tony
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ningsystem.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...llPressRod.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sCamandpin.jpg