Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Darn thieves!

On 11/24/2010 2:20 PM, Evan wrote:
On Nov 24, 1:32 am, wrote:

(snip)

So please, let's not base what little is seen of the low-res
public feeds from traffic cameras on the news or even on
the internet in some areas as factual knowledge of what
the monitoring locations are truly capable of...

~~ Evan

You must live in a real rich area, then. The state I am in, Michigan,
and the state I am from and still spend time in, Indiana, are flat
broke. They can barely afford salt, or patching potholes, or an engineer
to see the relationship between those two activities. I doubt five
percent of the road miles in this state have cameras. And I KNOW there
are no state-owned fiber trunks down the main roads.

Only area near here I am aware of that has a California-style traffic
monitoring system is metro Chicago. In MI, a few cities have 'problem
stretches' with cameras, but only in those problem areas, which are
primarily badly-designed highways where big trucks keep falling off the
curves in icy weather.

And yes, I HAVE seen what a fancy camera in a ball on a pole can do. The
place I work has about 30 of them. including around the perimeter and on
the high points of the building.

--
aem sends...