Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Easy Water Product

On 11/27/10 8:55 AM, John wrote:
Does anyone know about or had any experience with the Easy Water
electronic device for hard water? Does it really work and does it
perform the same as a standard water softener? Thanks.

Looks good to me.

The company has a A+ rating with the BBB. Approximately 1 complaint a
year, and all resolved.

They have a 90-day satisfaction-guaranteed offer along with a 3-year
warranty.

I find the patent (6325942) credible. It says water molecules, being
polar, join around the metal ions and keep them from contacting each
other. If you can bust up the cells of water, the ions will bump each
other, join, and no longer be "sticky."

I know that principle works because chlorine bleach or peroxide bleach
can last months in the bottle as long as the water keeps the bleach
particles from colliding. If they collide, the chlorine bleach ions
turn into salt and water, while the peroxide bleach ions turn into
oxygen gas and water. Your bleach went flat.

The patent says the invention agitates the water molecules with a
magnetic field at the resonant frequency of water molecules. I know
that works because a cup of water gets hot in a microwave oven.

If I had hard water, maybe I'd fill two bowls. I'd make soap lather
with the first bowl. I'd put the other bowl in the microwave a few
seconds, then see if soap lathered better.