Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default closet lighting

On Nov 27, 9:49*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *I've been working on shelves and storage in the rental house. They
are kind of odd shaped closets and needed some custom shelves which
turned out really well. It's amazing how non square corners can be!

* *Now, I'm thinking of lighting. I'd have to run wiring, so I'm
thinking of battery operated stuff. What I think would work well is not
overhead lighting but side lighting, so that light wouldn't be shaded by
the shelves. Perhaps even "push lights". An alternative, albeit one that
needs power, would be rope lighting around the inside of the closet door
frame.

* *Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? I'm kind of winging it here.

* *Jeff

Community electrical codes in your town may have some standards for
closet lighting. In some, bare bulbs in china fixtures which used to
be common, are now outlawed. Get the skinny from your city hall and
follow the rules. You'll find it to be pretty common sense stuff.

Joe